Phone Trunks provide network access to an organisation through a communications channel. MPT Admins can set up and configure trunks through request to Omni Intelligence (OI). There are two types of trunks: Own SIP Trunks and Cloud Trunks.
Own SIP Trunks
These are SIP trunks you already own and have access to. They may be on-site or off-site, and can be set up instantly.
These are free and do not attract charges from Omni Intelligence (OI).
These are provisioned on AWS servers for you to use, and will be available some time after request to OI.
These do attract charges from OI.
- From the MPT Interface, click 'Phone Trunks'.
- To add a new phone trunk, click the '+' icon.
As you add trunks to the system, they will appear in a list on the left hand side.
- Enter a name for your Trunk, and choose your 'Phone Trunk Type'. Click 'OK'.
- If your Phone Trunk Type was 'Own SIP Trunks', you are done and your Phone Trunk can readily be implemented into a scenario. If your Phone Trunk Type was 'Cloud', there are a few more steps before you are complete.
Select your Country and enter a number for your 'Phone Trunk CPS'. This is the number of Calls Per Second your Phone Trunk can handle. Then, click 'Next'.
- Click 'Done' to request your trunk with OI. You will make contact with OI support shortly to discuss costs and other details before the set up is complete.
You can view your Phone Trunk's status and configure various other properties by clicking on its name from the list on the left hand side of the interface.
If you make any changes, you can click 'Save' to apply them. You can also press the 'Delete' button to remove your trunk.
Phone Trunks can used to test scenarios. A scenario is a set of specified procedures that can be configured and used to monitor or run performance tests.
Click here to learn about setting up, configuring and running scenarios.